Krista is an awesome hostess - the table looked great!
Me, mom & Krista - we don't look like we cooked all day do we?
Mimi and her boys! Drew gnawing her hand off, Alex was actually good for this one and Evan using his sock as a sword.
From left to right: Becca with Leah, Alex, Grammy B, Me with Drew, Tim with Alex, Matt with Lilly (I think) and Lauren with Diana (I think). This is Tim's grandma with all six of her great-grandkids and three of her grandkids - so sweet!
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend! On Thursday I woke up early and ran the Thanksgiving Day 10K Race with Uncle Michael (after a night of like 2 hours of sleep thanks to my little angel -see previous post). Had to burn some extra calories so I can eat what I wanted to at my sister's Thanksgiving Day dinner! This year my side of the family and Michael's parents all came to Krista and Michael's house for the feast. I made the turkey - which was a first for me! Krista said I just had to try Alton Brown's method for brining and cooking the turkey and I will have to admit - it turned out excellent! I had also got a Turducken from Fresh Market that was fun and delicious! And, as if we didn't have enough meat, my mom brought a ham - hey, why not? Krista is an awesome cook and made all the sides and some of the desserts, so we had yummy stuffing, cauliflower gratin, my favorite brussels and of course, my grandma's famous sweet potato casserole! To top it off, for dessert, we had pies, apple cake and a smores cake - all so good!
That was the good part of the day... The bad part of the day and the night before, was that Drew was so sick! He had so much snot and droll and a horrible cough (I self-diagnosed him as having croup). He was good all day and didn't act too bothered by his symptoms, but screamed the entire drive home! After trying to get him to go down and him gagging for 5 minutes on snotty crud, I decided to take him to the hospital. The doctor's office or urgent care were obviously not open on Thanksgiving Day and we had to leave early Friday morning for Cleveland to attend the fabulous wedding of Travis and Lauren. Mom and I headed to Children's hospital ER around 10pm and were home by midnight. They never said it was croup, but did give him the steroid that helps clear it up, since there are no severe side effects... He was fine within a day or two, but I just didn't want to get to Cleveland and him be worse. Maybe I over re-acted by taking him to the ER, just a little, but oh well...
The rest of the weekend was so much fun! Even though it wasn't how we normally spend the holiday weekend, we got to spend it with family and friends! We even fit in a visit with Tim's Grammy B on Saturday and his college roommate, Mike on Sunday! It was all worth the 6 hour car ride in the rain on Sunday afternoon (normally a 4 hour drive). Best part of that drive was learning that Alex can pee in a coffee cup if he has to (traffic was horrible)! He thought he was so big...




0 comments:
Post a Comment