I am sure Alex, Evan & Drew will have many adventures to share! Check back often to see what is going on with the Bajorek Boys!

Biggest Brother

Big Brother

Little Brother

Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby Andrew has arrived!

We welcomed Andrew Howard Bajorek into the world on Monday, July 18th at 12:05pm. He was the smallest Bajorek boy at just 7lbs 2ozs (Alex had him beat by 1oz). He was 20.25 inches long. I guess we have one mold for babies. He looks just like Alex and Evan did when they were born and has the same head full of hair.

As most of you know - I was a very anxious Momma over the past few weeks. I am sure I was getting on everyones nerves - sorry! I was relieved when my doctor offered to do an induction on Monday, July 18th when I went to my last visit on Friday, July 15th. After a month of bed rest, some of which was spent praying the baby wouldn't come early, it was nice to know an end was in sight. I had also been nervous about not getting my OB, so having an induction date - I was pretty much guaranteed to have one of them there to "catch the baby" as Tim says. We arrived at 7am and unlike the Evan experience, it was not busy at ALL. Our same perky induction nurse Mary arrived to greet us at 7:05am. She immediately took us to our BIG room and I even had pillows on the bed this time (the Evan experience was not good at all as far as accommodations). Mary was all business and got my IV started right away. I needed my fluids and my antibiotics before we could get started with anything else. Dr. Lea was at the hospital, so before too long he came in to do an assessment. Around 8:30am he checked me and I had made progress since Friday's appointment - I was 3 - 4cm! He broke my water and put the internal monitors in to keep track of my contractions and the babies heart rate. Then came the pitocin... That drug is crazy! Within a few minutes I was having contractions and they got intense very fast. They were about 3 minutes apart instantly and the strong ones were registering around 95 on the scale (75 is a moderate contraction). When I really couldn't talk through them anymore I went ahead and ordered the epidural. They took awhile to come in and then it felt like an eternity of them poking and prodding on my back before they got the epidural in. Then it was heaven. I could just feel enough to know what was going on. The doctor came in again around 10:30am and checked me and I was almost 7cm. Not much went on for the next hour or so - but then my nurse came back in around 11:45am and checked me again - I was 8cm, but my bladder was in the way. They emptied that and the doctor decided it was time to do a few practice pushes. I guess I was ready because the doctor didn't need for me to wait to get to 10cm - something about it being my third baby. This little guys head was down but turned to the side vs. facing towards the back like it should be. Again, apparently because it was my third baby - the doctor could just turn him as he was coming out. So after a couple practice pushes, it was time. Two contractions and six real deal pushes later, the little guy arrived. At one point the doctor said, let's do this on the next push, because Drew did not like the contractions once he was in the birth canal (a good reason for an emergency C-section). Thank God he arrived safely!

We are doing great now that we are home. This week has been challenging because my anxiety and nerves are still with me, but I am sure it will continue to get easier as the weeks go by! The boys are definitely all over Drew and want to "help" me all the time! I can't wait until he is a little bigger so they can play with him for real :) It is definitely going to be interesting around here! We can't wait!


Hi, I am Drew. Where are my brothers, so we can start causing trouble?


Proud Momma and Poppa!



Mom holding Drew for the first time!



Dad holding Drew for the first time!


He is so happy to be here!

0 comments: