Whoa! I can't believe it is almost July! Where has this year gone? I have definitely had a busy year with work, which is the main reason I haven't been posting that much lately! All of that came to an abrupt halt June 14th, when my OB took me out of work until the baby arrives!
Here is now it all went down...
Rewind to the Friday the 10th - it was my almost 34 week appointment. After talking with my doctor about all of the contractions I have been having, the doctor was concerned with my progress (almost 2cm which isn't supposed to happen until 36 weeks or so) and wanted me to be put on bed rest right then and there. Well, one of my biggest tax deadlines of the year was June 15th. I knew if I could just make it through the weekend, I would be able to get everything done and be fine for the deadline... After I told my bosses at work, of course they wouldn't let me work over the weekend (probably a smart move on their part).
Monday, after as much rest and relaxation as a weekend with two toddlers can be, I headed back to work. By 8pm on Monday, I still hadn't left and just couldn't get rid of my contractions. I stood up to leave and could barely walk to my car! I called the OB on call and he sent me to the hospital to be monitored... After a breathine shot, a big bag of IV fluids for hydration and some oral medication, Procardia - the contractions finally got to be around 4/hour. This is considered normal for 34 weeks... At 3am, Tim and I left the hopsital and headed to the pharmacy to fill the prescription for the Procardia. The doctor said to take it every 6 hours until I reached 37 weeks! The next morning - I felt like someone had beat me up - I guess all that rolling around and contracting Jr. was doing made me sore! I had an appointment that next morning and the doctor convinced me to just be done with work. Clearly something was causing my stress - I am sure the doctor was right - it was likely the 60 hour work weeks, I know...
So fast forward to today - I am 36 weeks today and the medicine AND bed rest from work have really helped. At my appointment last week, I had made no more progress - which was great news! I have had a few rough days this past weekend and definitely feel like the baby is moving down lower. I am not complaining though - it is all part of it and the baby will be here soon enough! I have one more week on my medicine and then we will see what will happen. I didn't have contractions at all with Evan, in fact, I was induced - so I am not sure what will happen or how it will all go down! The doctor seems to think I won't last too long after I am off my medicine, but who knows because that has all been said before (i.e. Alex & Evan). So for now, I will continue to rest, nest and enjoy this time before we get to meet our third little monster. My appointments are every Tuesday at this point - so I will definitely keep everyone posted!
For fun - upcoming dates to shoot for:
July 4th - Firecracker Baby (we could have a cookout and fireworks every year for his birthday)
July 11th - Krista's birthday - she loves to share ;)
July 25th - Actual due date
Fire Roasted Flank Steak with Cheesy Grits
14 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment