You might ask - what happened to Day 5? Well, Day 5 we took a break from the parks and just hung close to the house. We had finally figured out how to turn on the heater for our house pool, which made the water warm enough to swim in. The house came with a ton of pool toys, so we swam around all morning. Alex was super-brave and just jumped in with his float - he does pretty good, still can't swim though... Evan is still pretty timid in the water, which is complete opposite of how he is on the ground! He usually isn't afraid of anything. Thursday evening, Christie's aunt that lives in Florida came over and offered to watch the kids, so that we could have an adult night out - how nice of her! We went to Downtown Disney to eat dinner at Fulton's Crab House and then we walked around for a few minutes before we hit the Ghirradeli's up for some treats! Thanks again Aunt Patty!
On Friday, we went to Hollywood Studios in the morning. This was our last day and we were all really tired. We wanted to make sure we did as much as we could - but some of us (including myself) didn't have it in us. We did get to see Lightening McQueen and Mater and again - Evan was the most excited. Alex was again pulled away by security when he tried to drive Mater - maybe that is a good idea for a new ride, but wasn't an option at the time. We walked around until it was time for lunch with the Playhouse Disney Characters, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins and Special Agent Oso. The kids really enjoyed the character themed meals, however, it was a process. We dreaded when we saw them waddling over to us because we had to take our places with the camera, video camera, signature book, then we had to try to get the boys to look at us and not the characters to take pictures. The food was good, but we sure couldn't enjoy it! After lunch, we went to meet the Sorcerer Mickey and to see the Little Mermaid show. By this time, the boys were done, but I insisted on us waiting in line for 90 minutes to ride Toy Story Mania. It was a fun ride, however, a big mistake because they were so mean and tired that they refused to nap when we got home, so that made for a long last night...
OH - the Sorcerer's Hat picture - has a story... The entire week Alex kept saying he wanted a Sorcerer's Hat - it was this huge hat and there was no way I was buying it. I had wanted to get the kids the Mickey's ears with their names on them. Well, I thought Alex would be super-excited that I got him the Mickey's ears hat that had a Sorcerer's Hat on it, but no - he hated it and wanted the Mickey's belly hat that I got Evan. Normally, I would have been okay with them switching, however, they were personalized. Drama! So then, I thought that I would redeem myself by getting Alex a Mickey wearing the Sorcerer's costume and I just bought Evan the plain Mickey. I was so excited and just thought he would love it, but he threw it on the ground and grabbed Evan's from him, so know Evan has the fancy Sorcerer Mickey and Alex has the plain one - I can't win. Moral of the story: I should have just bought the big Sorcerer's Hat and called it a day. I took a picture of the Sorcerer's Hat to remind of me...







0 comments:
Post a Comment